The mission of the Rachel Carson Campus Network is to build and deepen critical connections between campuses, communities, and advocates with the goal of advancing environmental health and equitable policy.
Since 2014 we have built strategic connections with 48 colleges and universities nationwide through:
- Curricular development
- Strategic research partnerships
- Advocacy and policy trainings
- Calls-to-action to protect research and advocacy for the public interest
- Sign up for the Rachel Carson Campus Dispatch to learn about environmental endeavors on campuses nationwide along with the latest RCC reports, fact sheets, and presentations. Submit news from your campus for inclusion in the next edition.
- Coordinate a speaking engagement on “Rachel Carson’s Values and Modern Environmental Advocacy” with Dr. Robert K. Musil, President and CEO of the Rachel Carson Council and a leader on global sustainability, environmental health, and preparing leaders in higher education to effectively advocate at state and national levels. In his presentations, Dr. Musil introduces students to the values that drove Rachel Carson’s research, how she translated research into action, and how young people can drive policy change and social movements today. Initiate engagement with the Rachel Carson Campus through an event with Dr. Musil.
Join a campus cluster by contacting Zoë Ackerman, Associate Program Director and Campus Coordinator. RCCN currently coordinates clusters in the Southeast, Mid-Atlantic, and New England. These campuses maintain regular contact with RCC staff, and work together to identify cross-campus needs around environmental justice, community-based research and action, advocacy skills trainings, and voter participation. The RCC also routinely convenes panels and presentations at national conferences in Washington, DC and elsewhere, raising the profile of specific issues and bringing leaders together across different backgrounds.
- Click here for upcoming Campus Events
- Click here for recent Campus Events
Rachel Carson Campus Network
Saint Vincent College
University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
University of North Carolina at Wilmington