• These Butterflies Have Lawyers
• GOP Tax Bill Sneaks Plan to Drill Arctic Refuge
• Doug Jones’ Win Breaks Alabama’s Long Record Of Electing Climate Change Deniers
• Fracking Study Finds Low Birth Weights Near Natural Gas Drilling Sites
• Meat tax ‘inevitable’ to beat climate and health crises, says report
“We need to view the fossil-fuel industry in a new light. It has become a rogue industry, reckless like no other force on Earth.”
A uranium company launched a concerted lobbying campaign to scale back Bears Ears National Monument
Nat King Cole’s old melody, “Autumn Leaves,” is about sadness and loss, lost love, and the waning of summer’s warmth. “Since you went away the days grow long. And soon I’ll hear old winter’s song.” But are those lovely leaves “of red and gold” gone forever? Where do they go after all? Is winter an […]
Previous efforts to restore former coal mine sites in Appalachia have left behind vast swaths of unproductive land. Now, a group of nonprofits and scientists are working to restore native trees to the region.
Breaking with the industrial model of growing corn and soybeans, a growing number of Iowa farmers are putting oats, rye, and other small grains into their crop rotation, a switch that is regenerating soils, cleaning up waters, and providing benefits to family farms.