• In polluted cities, reducing air pollution could lower cancer rates as much as eliminating smoking would
• EPA issues rare veto, halting Alaska’s Pebble mine
• How a defunct Trump policy still threatens Georgia’s Okefenokee Swamp
• Biden climate law spurred billions in clean energy investment. Has it been a success?
• Meet the top House recipients of oil and gas money
As 2022 ended, most of the nation was literally freezing to death, trapped in blizzards blanketing highways and houses. Here in Maryland, things were not so bad, but record frigid temperatures made Bethesda feel like Bangor, or the Bering Strait.